Monday 23 July 2012

GRADUATION!




The countdown is over! Graduation has now been and gone and after 3 amazing years at Swansea University I have now officially graduated with a first class honours degree in Media Studies. When I got my results last month I was so happy and relieved and couldn't believe that after all the essays, exams and stress that comes with it that I had managed to get a first!

Me in my graduation outfit!


My graduation day was last Monday and I woke up absolutely dreading it but as the congregation started I realised this was a time for celebration not something to be scared of. I ended up having a really enjoyable day celebrating my achievements with my family and friends from my course and found myself feeling quite emotional as I realised my university experience was over. As this blog has been my 'countdown to the real world', this post on graduation seems a necessary addition and I have decided to share with you some of my most memorable university experiences and some pictures from my graduation celebrations. Also, to all the other media studies graduates I just want to say a big congratulations...we did it!

Freshers.
When I first moved to Swansea in 2009 to start uni, I was living in a bungalow in the student village with eight other freshers. This was the first time I had lived away from home and I absolutely loved living with house mates, going out all the time, taking naps in the middle of the day and exploring Swansea. Although I moved in with my boyfriend for the last 2 years of uni, I will never forget the people I lived with in my first year and all the fun I had living at the student village.



Me and four of my house mates on our first night out together!


Scott, Rob and myself at the Freshbook party!


Girls night out at the Safe Sex Party at 



Rachel's 19th birthday.


Media Studies Buddies.
After moving in with my boyfriend at the beginning of my second year of uni, I sadly lost contact with most of my house mates from the first year. However, on my first ever day of uni I made friends with 2 other media students, Chloe and Sophie, and we have been good friends ever since. Although we all made friends with other people on our course, we always remained good friends and we all still keep in touch. Out of everyone I have met at uni, I think I will miss my media buddies the most and I will never forget our first day of uni when I said hi to Chloe as we got off the bus and Sophie jumped out at us on our way to our lecture...good times!


Me, Chloe and Dave on our first night out together.


Me after having one too many on Chloe's Birthday!


Me and Chloe dressed up for the school disco!


Me and Sophie.


Me and Chloe on Halloween.


My media buddies! Chloe and Soph.


Results Day.
I was on the ferry back from my holidays in France when I got my degree results. My boyfriend managed to connect his phone to the boats WiFi so we went for a little walk so I could find out my results in private. I couldn't believe it when I logged on to my intranet and discovered I had got a first and had got a mark of 78 for my dissertation. I was so happy, relieved and overwhelmed that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry..I ended up doing a little bit of both! When I went back to meet my parents and told them the good news they were both so happy and I could tell that they were really proud of me. Getting a first has made me realise that hard work really does pay off and no matter how many times you feel like giving up you have to keep going because it will all be worth it in the end.


On the ferry just after I found out my results.


Time for some celebratory champagne. 


Me and my proud Dad.

My final year results.

Graduation Celebrations.
Graduation day was one of the scariest yet happiest days of my life and I will never forget it. I spent the day with my parents and fiancĂ© and got to see all the other students on my course graduate. I spent my graduation day celebrating with my family but on Wednesday it was the university Grad Ball and I went out with my friends and had a good old fashioned student night out celebrating our graduation. University has been an amazing experience and I am sad that it is over but I have loads of happy memories that I will never forget. 


Me, Chloe and Sophie.


Me and Oli.


The moment I graduated.


Media girls at Grad Ball.


Oli, Chlo, Jo and Mark celebrating graduation.


Me and Chloe on our last student night out!


Me and my first class honours degree!


What has been your most memorable university experience? What do you plan to do next? Let me know in the comments sections and thanks for reading my blog!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting and inspirational read! I am sure that it will encourage and reassure the young adults that are just about to begin their 'university' journey.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please leave a comment.