Tuesday 16 October 2012

Life after University: What I have been up to.

It has been months since my last post and I thought it was about time I popped by and let you know what I have been up to since graduation!





Unfortunately, I am still just a waitress and barmaid and I have somehow managed to accumulate several casual, part time jobs! I am still working at Sketty Hall and at The William Hancock down the Mumbles and I started a new waitressing in job in September at Nicholaston House on the Gower. Even with these 3 part time jobs I can still not afford to pay rent and I am having to rely on my very generous fiancĂ©!  

However, it is not all bad! I am involved in the business development of a brand new, Swansea based, best deals website called Swonster and I am gaining some really useful work experience. I am learning more about web content management, SEO, email and social media marketing and developing my administration and communication skills. If you are feeling strapped for cash or just fancy having a browse through our deals why not have a look at the website, you can see all my hard work then?! I am really enjoying working for Swonster but I can not see myself working for free for the rest of my life!


I signed up with Hays recruiting agency today and the man was really helpful and told me he is going to try his best to find me a job. Fingers crossed and in my next post I might be telling you all about my amazing new job! I created a Linkedin profile today, I have no idea how to use it but if you have it my user name is Wendy Hughes.

If you are a final year student reading this post I just want to say that people aren't lying when they say it is difficult to find a graduate job! I have spent so many hours searching and applying for jobs and I still find myself mindlessly pulling pints every Sunday night wondering if I am going to be stuck behind a bar forever. I wish I had started looking for jobs before I graduated to give myself more of an idea what was out there and I really recommend signing up with a job agency. After my meeting today I am feeling confident that I am going to be starting a proper career very soon.

Apart from working occasionally and doing work for Swonster I have not been up to much. I am getting married next September so if I am not daydreaming about my honeymoon, I am trying to decide on a colour scheme and making other, stressful, wedding plans! 

There has also been a new addition to my household. Me and Oli have got a beautiful kitten called Blue! He is so cool and he keeps me company on my 5 day weekends!



Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hope you are all well :)

If you have recently finished uni and are also looking for a job it would be good to hear from! It would be nice to know I am not the only one in this situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment.